Basic Donut Recipe - makes 12 medium-ish donuts
Adapted from our girl Ina. Garten. Go Ina.
+ 2 cups AP flour
+ 1 1/2 cups white sugar
+ 2 tsp. baking powder
+ 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
+ 1/2 tsp. salt
+ 1 large egg, lightly beaten
+ 1 1/4 cups whole milk
+ 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted and cooled
+ 2 tsp. vanilla extract
For the matcha donuts: add 1/2 tsp. of matcha powder ( a little goes a long way, feel free to add more/less )
For the lavender donuts: add a few tbsp. dried lavender buds ( more/less, up to you! )
* Feel free to experiment with other flavors: Earl Grey tea, chai, Ovaltine, sprinkles, whatever! ~ express yourself ~
1. Pre-heat oven to 350F and grease two donut pans
2. Sift dry ingredients together in a medium bowl
3. Whisk wet ingredients together in a separate bowl
4. Whisk wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined
5. Pour mixture into prepared donut pans
6. Bake for 17 minutes or until edges start to just get golden
7. Let cool on baking rack for 10 minutes, turn upside down and out onto platter, GLAZE.
(Keep scrolling for glaze recipes. Makin' ya work for it.)
+ 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
+ 1 tsp. matcha powder
+ 2-3 tbsp. hot water
Mix these together and voilà! Done. Ready to glaze.
Lavender Lemon Glaze
+ 1/2 cups powdered sugar
+ 1 tbsp. dried lavender buds
+ 2-3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
Same as above. Mix, glaze, donuts.